- 2 tablespoons fig preserves
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 raisin English muffins, split
- 1/3 c. Great Midwest® Apple Cinnamon Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
In a small bowl, mix fig preserves, shallots and Dijon mustard.
Lay 2 English muffin halves on work surface, cut side down. Spread smooth side of muffin halves with mustard mixture. Top with cheese and remaining muffin halves, cut side up. Spread butter on both sides of sandwiches.
Lay sandwiches in a large non-stick skillet heated to medium. Cook about 3 minutes per side, turning once, until golden on both sides and cheese is melted.