Skip to Content
Creamy Cheddar Onion Soup
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3 cups onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Buttered croutons
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Sauté onions over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in water and broth; bring to boil. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and milk. Add to saucepan and stir to combine. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Preheat broiler. Ladle soup into 4 ovenproof bowls and sprinkle with buttered croutons. Top with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Don't let cheese burn or brown.
Bibimbap Grilled Cheese Sandwich
English Country Tavern Onion & Muenster Rolls