- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 round (8 oz.) Great Midwest® Morel & Leek Jack cheese
- 1 Sheet prepared puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1 egg white
- 1 Package (8 oz.) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Wrap Great Midwest® Morel & Leek Jack cheese round in the puff pastry sheet. Neatly seal and place in a pie plate, seam-side down. Cut two small slits in the top of the pastry. Brush with egg white. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the cheese puff is baking, sauté the mushrooms and onion in the butter. Season to taste. Remove the cheese puff from the oven. Spoon the mushroom-onion mixture over the top. Serve immediately with crackers.